Worksheet for Service on 26th April
Questions on Sammy and his Shepherd – The valley
- What was the ﬁrst thing Precious thought about in the morning and the last thing she thought about at night?
- What is the ﬁrst thing you think about in the morning and the last thing you think about at night?
- How did Sammy encourage Precious when she was afraid to go to the high places?
- What happened when Precious became tired and afraid that she would get lost?
- Do you ever feel afraid and alone? What should you remember?
- Will you encourage your friends like Sammy encouraged Precious?
Sermon – The valley of the shadow of death – Psalm 23 v4
What Bible passages were read today?
Psalm _________ and John __________
- The R________of the valley of the shadow of death.
The valley represents
d _ _ bt & d _ s _ _ _ ss;
da _ g _ _ ;
and d _ _ t h.
What types of separation does death bring?
Christians do not always live on a spiritual high or mountaintop experience.
- The F _ _ _ _ in the valley of the shadow of death.
King David knew his own w _ _ _ _ _ ss.
What did Major Whittle’s mother put in his backpack before he left home?
Why was the young soldier in Whittle’s ward so afraid?
Psalm 139 v10 tells us that God will hold us f_ _ _
- T _ _ _ _ _ _ g the Shepherd in the valley.
What change in language in verse 4 adds to the sense of intimacy in the relationship between David and his Shepherd?
What ought a Christian say to themselves as they go through such a valley? – “I will f _ _ _ no e _ _ _ for You are with me”
Where did Joni Tada say about her affliction, suffering disability and pain drive her?
Jesus, the Good Shepherd, endured h _ _ _ on the cross for His sheep.
What was Pastor James Johnston’s grandmother looking forward to in her dying moments?